Thursday 26 May 2011

Drawing

































So far, I am keeping up with my intention of drawing every day. My work is still laboured and lacks the freshness that I admire elsewhere. I am still falling into the trap of overworking and putting in too much detail. The rusty pump is heavier than I would like and the phlomis flowers are reasonable, but the leaves are mucky and do not show the light shining through them as they should.

The garden has been so dry lately and beginning to suffer even though this year's flowers are brilliant and the best ever. Windy today, and some damage to plants, but now we have a heavy shower that should give them a much need drink.

Recently, I read two books by Michael Williams describing journeys by slow trains across Britain. Wonderful, evocative books and I must seek out some of the slow branch railways myself. At present, I feel duty bound to keep Tegan company as she is very old and feeble and will not be with me much longer. Perhaps I should have her put to sleep, but it will break my heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment